Completion Rates for Women near 75% while Consumer Packaged Goods Takes First Place as the Top Spender at 32% in 2010
REDWOOD CITY, CA – February 17th, 2011 – YuMe, a leading video advertising technology company, today released its 2010 Video Advertising Metrics Report. YuMe serves an average of 30 million video ad impressions per day on behalf of the 600+ publishers utilizing its advertising management platform ACE, as well as publishers who are members of the YuMe video ad network. The report provides a snapshot of key trends seen for in-stream video advertising in 2010.
“Video advertising is the fastest growing segment of online advertising and we are definitely seeing an increase across our network and in use of our technology platform,” said Jayant Kadambi, president and co-founder of YuMe. “As consumers turn more and more to online and mobile options for video entertainment, brands are moving ad dollars to reach these consumers wherever they might be.”
Key findings include:
Format and Completion Rates
- Pre-roll continues to be the dominant ad format, representing 96.7% of YuMe’s volume in Q4.
- 15 second pre-roll remains the most common ad length making up 57% of impressions served in Q4.
- The Female audience continues to have a higher video completion rate at 74% versus 67% for Males.
- Persons 25-54 was the most requested age demographic by marketers overall, representing 18% of the total Request for Proposal (RFP) volume in 2010.
- Additionally, females 25 to 54 were the most frequently requested gender target; and jumped from 10% of RFPs in Q3 to 15% in Q4.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) marketers dominate the online video advertising volume with 27% of all spending in 2010.
- Auto and Entertainment trailed close behind at 12% and 9%, respectively.
YuMe saw a 50% increase of in-stream video ad impressions served from Q3 to Q4. Additionally, the network served the highest amount of ad impressions in California at 10.6% of total volume, followed by Texas at 6.8% and New York at 6.2%.
For a heat map that shows where ads ran throughout the U.S. and to download a copy of the video metrics report, visit video-ad-metrics.
YuMe serves ads on behalf of the 600+ publishers utilizing its video ad management system ACE for Publishers (AFP), as well as publishers who are members of its video ad network. YuMe statistics presented in this report are generated from data recorded with every ad request and ad served across the YuMe network and received by AFP. The statistics are solely representative of YuMe’s network and may not be a reflection of the overall online video marketplace. Efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of data presented, but data is not guaranteed to be accurate.
YuMe is a video advertising technology company that makes professional video profitable for publishers and effective for advertisers. Its robust ACE™ technology powers both its premium ad network and its industry-leading advertising management solutions, ACE for Publishers and ACE for Advertisers. YuMe’s premium ad network aggregates the best video content, representing hundreds of premium publishers. As a result, YuMe gives publishers and advertisers unprecedented reach, brand safety, contextual relevance, controlled syndication, and consistent delivery across all digital media platforms–Web, downloads mobile, and IPTV. YuMe is a privately held company headquartered in Redwood City, CA and backed by Accel Partners, BV Capital, DAG Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Menlo Ventures and Intel Capital. For more information, visit www.yume.com, follow @yumevideo on twitter (www.twitter.com/yumevideo), or become a fan of YuMe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yumevideo.