YuMe Privacy Notice
Effective Date, Date Last Modified: March 2016
YuMe, Inc., (“YuMe”) values the privacy of our subscribers, customers, members, and others who visit and use www.YuMe.com and any other web sites or services owned or operated by YuMe (the “YuMe Services”) (collectively or individually, “Subscribers”).
NOTE TO KIDS: The YuMe Services are not for persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please visit another site – there are lots of other great web sites for you.
The Information YuMe Collects:
- Subscriber-provided Information: You may provide to YuMe various types of contact information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information, etc.), such as if you purchase, sign up for events we host or newsletters and white papers we provide, or participate in other activities on the YuMe Services.
- "Cookies" Information: When you visit the YuMe Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. YuMe uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the YuMe Services. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- Other "Automatically Collected" Information: Similar to cookies, when you visit the YuMe Services or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” (such or “web beacons”). This “automatically collected” information may include unique “mobile IDs” (such as Apple IDFAs or Android Ad IDs), Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), from which general location may be inferred, web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the YuMe Services, the pages you view on our site, and the dates and times that you visit the YuMe Services.
The Way YuMe Uses Information:
- YuMe uses the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide to you all of the features and services found on the YuMe Services. We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes such as notifying you of major YuMe Services updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement issues, or to contact you regarding new YuMe services, events and information we think you might be interested in.
- YuMe uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Subscribers, to improve the way the YuMe Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- YuMe uses “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the YuMe Services; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information, by linking a unique identifier to this information, or working with third party providers that do this (for instance, if you visit our website, we may work with providers to re-target you with information we think may interest you, when you browser other websites); (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; and (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
When YuMe Discloses Information:
- YuMe may disclose aggregate user data (such as advertisement viewership data and advertisement viewership demographic data) to third-party clients and customers of YuMe.
- YuMe may disclose automatically collected information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality on the YuMe Services.
- YuMe may disclose any information we collect or receive to service providers and contractors working on our behalf, including parties that provide web site hosting, maintenance and security, fulfill orders, help us operate or offer our services, or provide billing, marketing, event hosting, email or technical support services. YuMe may disclose Subscriber information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. We may make such disclosures without providing Subscribers notice, in some cases.
- YuMe also reserves the right to disclose Subscriber information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect YuMe from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the YuMe Services; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of YuMe, our Subscribers, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with YuMe, in which case YuMe will not be able to provide to you the YuMe Services. If applicable, you may update, correct, or delete your member information and email subscription preferences at any time by mailing us at privacy@YuMe.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
As discussed above, we sometimes target or retarget Subscribers or others through interest-based advertising, sometimes called behavioral advertisers. If you wish to learn more about this type of targeted advertising, you may visit the website of the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”), an industry alliance that promotes responsible online advertising policies and also provides consumer opt-out choices, on the web page http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you wish to opt out of many of the providers that facilitate this type of advertising, please visit that web page.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
YuMe uses a range of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. No safeguards are 100 percent foolproof however, and we therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to YuMe, and you do so at your own risk.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that YuMe is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we probably will transfer or assign the information we have collected from Subscribers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control, including for purposes of due diligence prior to such an event.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the “last modified” notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Your continued use of the YuMe Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
YuMe Contact Information:
Please feel free to contact YuMe with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices at privacy@YuMe.com or by postal mail at 1204 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063.